× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi to all

• Mr. Smith
  • Mr. Smith's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #130 by Mr. Smith
Hi to all was created by Mr. Smith
I found this excellent software when I became a bit familiar with the CAN message reading and sending. I used work as a embedded Qt developer few years back and this sounds like an excellent choice for my needs. I was wondering, does this software support Rasperry PI based CAN bus boards (i.e. PICAN2 skpang.co.uk/catalog/pican2-canbus-board...ry-pi-23-p-1475.html)? Just trying to find a cost friendly solution for my CAN hacking needs :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #150 by collink
Replied by collink on topic Hi to all
Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. There isn't much traffic on here so I don't check as frequently as I could and I thought your message was an older one... Whoops...

It hasn't been definitively used on RPi yet. I think maybe it could work but I haven't tried it myself.

More
4 years 9 months ago #237 by NiallDarwin
Replied by NiallDarwin on topic Hi to all
Hi,
Is there any update on RPi, PiCAN2 & SavvyCAN? I have all of these things.

More
4 years 6 months ago #253 by StephanT
Replied by StephanT on topic Hi to all
Would be cool! and . nice and low cost.. the USB is full speed and there is a CAN bus hat for the RPi Zero... so really nice form factor... and with Pi hat that could be sun $20?

More
4 years 6 months ago #255 by collink
Replied by collink on topic Hi to all
I believe that someone has successfully compiled it for RPi. Since the RPi has socketcan this means you could have everything all on the one board. But, I haven't done it myself. There might be a way for me to create a Raspberry Pi image of SavvyCAN like I'm doing for Windows, OSX, and LINUX.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds