× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Greetings from Montreal

• Charlez199
  • Charlez199's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #172 by Charlez199
Greetings from Montreal was created by Charlez199
Greetings from Montreal.

I heard about Collin's work for the first time on EVTV.me in 2015 (supporting Jack Rickard on the first EVTVDue, SavvyCAN and Tesla motor CAN communication reverse enginnering team work). Having a background in electrical engineering (but zero background in software) and having recently discover the world of Arduino, that turned on my interest, so I ordered a few Arduino CAN bus shields but never had some time to start to use them. Then on Kickstarter, I pledge on the Macchina M2 in March 2017 and received it in October, but still no time to use it. Finally in June 2018, I purchase a used Subaru BRZ and that what the necessary spark to start to use all hardware.

So I'm a rookie, and everything is new and exiting.

I did some work using the Macchina M2, some Arduino Uno + CAN bus shields, and some Arduino Nano and mini CAN module (MCP2515+TJA5010), and I'll start soon to do some work with my Teensy 3.1 and 3.5 and SN65HVD230 modules.

I did a nice car gauge using a MP2307 switching power supply + an Arduino Nano + mini CAN module (MCP2515+TJA1050) + OLED display SD1306 + a 16 RGD Led ring (for a colored tach) and TTP223 touch switch to navigate through display pages, using CAN data that I have recorded and playback using the Macchina M2 and SavvyCAN.

SavvyCAN, what an interesting piece of software !
Thanks Collin for all the effort you put in and please keep on the good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds