× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

EVTV ESP32 CANDue Board with Enclosure

• hadalian
  • hadalian's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 days ago #272 by hadalian
Introduction was created by hadalian
Hello, My name is Harry Adalian I live near Albany NY and have been looking for tools and methods to help in a project I was thrust in to. I have worked around cars my whole life and worked in the computer field in the 90s, after y2k went back in to power distribution.

I have a 2009 MS3 that I track I do not tune the car but I log information from the data port. Currently I use an AIM solo2 DL to connect to the OBD2 port for vehicle information. Several of the ID mapping are not all correct and do not read at all.
These are :
MAP
Baro
AbsSWAngle
RelSWAngle
SWSpees
BoostPress
CrankTimeSec
ActEngTorque
MaxEngTorque
TxOilTemp
IgnitionAdvance
IntakeAirTemp
AbsTPS
OilPressSw
CurLoad
FuelRailPress

When contacting AIM about the information not being recorded they replied with the following "if we could get factory support on these CAN message we can build you exactly what you request."
My first idea was to get the binary files and see if I could reverse engineer them, but new methods of binary encryption are beyond my skill sets.

So I have looked around and found savvycan, I hope to start working with do get the IDs that I need.

Any help is appreciated this is my first attempt to capture a file and read it.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 days ago #275 by collink
Replied by collink on topic Introduction
Oh boy, you're in for a wild ride if you hope to grab the firmware and reverse engineer it. SavvyCAN could perhaps help you to do so but it's still going to be a lot of custom work. You can probably find the sort of data you want on the CAN bus itself. The trouble is, of course, how to find the data. SavvyCAN can help with that. Nearly every screen in SavvyCAN is meant for reverse engineering signals found on the CAN bus. There's a lot of help in the program and I have various videos on YouTube as well: www.youtube.com/user/CKidder80/videos

Finding the data yourself won't probably help in getting your other tools to log the proper data. But it could be used to grab the data external to any other tools and use it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hadalian

• hadalian
  • hadalian's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #276 by hadalian
Replied by hadalian on topic EVTV ESP32 CANDue Board with Enclosure
I purchased your board about a year ago but never found an esp32 board. Can you tell me the board to use for your script?

More
3 years 11 months ago #277 by collink
Replied by collink on topic EVTV ESP32 CANDue Board with Enclosure
You mean in the Arduino IDE? You have to install the board files. You can find details on how to do that here: github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds