× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New CAN-USB device support : which way do you recommend?

• apetrov
  • apetrov's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #285 by apetrov
Hi to all! It is a great project.
I am developer of usb/RS232/RS485/CAN bus adapter. If i am going to make it compatible with SavvyCAN I can go in 2 directions:
1. Implement my COM-port protocol in SavvyCAN (can be difficult, I believe)
2. Implement one of SavvyCAN supported methods in my USB adapter. For Linux it is clear that I can work with SocketCAN. But are there some known protocols for Windows? to make new USB device compatible with SavvyCAN? Like Lawicel protocol (not supported, right?)

Any recommendations?

Best regards,
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #288 by collink
LAWICEL is not currently supported in SavvyCAN. J2534 support is available on WIndows. Or you could use the GVRET protocol that was the original SavvyCAN supported adapter. I probably should support LAWICEL directly in Savvycan though.

More
3 years 8 months ago #291 by mapper
That would be great! I have also a LAWICEL adapter laying around. I haven't found any good CAN reverse engineering tool for this adapter yet.
Any concrete plan when you implement it'

BTW: Thank you for your work, I will get into your software as soon you added support or I buy another CAN-Adapter.

More
3 years 8 months ago #293 by collink
I don't know when it might happen. To be honest, it isn't terribly high on the list currently. I want to do it but there are other things that must be done first.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds