× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

OBD DBC

• mapper
  • mapper's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #292 by mapper
OBD DBC was created by mapper
Is there a OBD .dbc available, so OBD adresse on the bus are matched and interpreted automatically?

It would be great if a big database could be build up so the software automatically interprets data from this. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #294 by collink
Replied by collink on topic OBD DBC
I found one here: www.csselectronics.com/screen/product/obd2-dbc-file/language/en

But, really OBDII is a subset of UDS which is implemented over ISO-TP. The ISO-TP viewer in SavvyCAN can do a variety of interpretation of UDS and thus some extremely limited interpretation of OBDII but it isn't really designed for that. Your best bet for decoding really is a DBC file like what I linked to and you were requesting. I'm just covering the wider underlying protocols because you might quickly find yourself in those waters if you do much with OBDII.

Also, Comma.AI has a big database of DBC files for a variety of cars that can interpret data not sent over OBDII: github.com/commaai/opendbc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds