× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

just got my esp32 CanDue V2 but it is not showing up in savvycan in windows?

• macsboost
  • macsboost's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #311 by macsboost
Hi, I just received my esp candue.

In savvycan I open the connections and add the appropriate connection and serial port for my new board. It does not appear to be communicating. I am not able to select a bit rate, etc.

Does the esp32 board need to be flashed, or should it come with gvret on it?

I was able to use a serial program and open the port at 115200 and see the following messages. About every 30 seconds it hits a watch dog. No other hardware is connected to the esp32 board I just took it out of the box.

Thanks for any help!

- IDLE (CPU 0)

Tasks currently running:

CPU 0: at_recv_task

Task watchdog got triggered. The following tasks did not reset the watchdog in t
ime:

- IDLE (CPU 0)

Tasks currently running:

Task watchdog got triggered. The following tasks did not reset the watchdog in t
ime:

- IDLE (CPU 0)

Tasks currently running:

ime:

- IDLE (CPU 0)

Tasks currently running:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #313 by collink
The first step is definitely to try to flash ESP32RET to make sure it does have the proper firmware. I've never seen ESP32RET fail the way you're describing so I think it must not be flashed at all / properly.

www.savvycan.com/ESP32RET_Updater.zip

• macsboost
More
3 years 6 months ago #314 by macsboost
Thank you. I just flashed the board but it curiously still is not connecting to savvycan.
I am able to use bray terminal and send a ? at 1000000 baud rate and receive the help in plain text. Making some progress, but still not there.

More
3 years 6 months ago #315 by collink
Which operating system are you using and how did you get SavvyCAN (for instance, what version does it report in the title bar?) You do need a pretty new version for it to support the ESP32 but certainly the current release on the main page of SavvyCAN and the continuous builds should all work fine. I use ESP32 boards quite often with SavvyCAN. But, I do so in LINUX so there is a chance that either Windows or MacOS might not work as well. Though, I've also used it under Windows and there are others doing so and so I believe it works well there too. That, and the fact that you have mac in your username makes me think that maybe you're using MacOS. Unfortunately, spooky things seem to happen on MacOS compared to the other two. It could be the fact that I don't have a Mac and it could be the fact that Apple can be hard to work with and so maybe QT isn't quite as well supported or tested. But, it would be good to get to the bottom of this. Another thing you can try is to connect the ESP32 board to wifi by using the serial console. From there you can then connect to it over TCP/IP and that tends to work pretty well.

• macsboost
More
3 years 6 months ago #316 by macsboost
I'm running windows.
Savvycan is V180
Windows is 10 pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

• macsboost
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #317 by macsboost
Somehow I had an ancient version. I just downloaded 199 and bingo it works! Thank you.
While I have your attention, does socket can work under windows?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by macsboost.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds